Saturday, May 24, 2008

Episode 4. WELCOME TO BROOKLYN, ASSHOLE


Episode 4.
WELCOME TO BROOKLYN, ASSHOLE!


Before I even got to think about what I was doing, I found myself moving closer to the ship. I slowly climbed down through the mounds of rubble trying my best not to make a sound.

Strangely, I found out that I was pretty good at skulking around.

I got as close as I could get to them without exposing myself. There was nothing else between us, just scattered debris, but not enough to hide behind.

I squinted. From what I could tell, they weren’t wearing any body armor. Just some sort of black mesh cloth. I thought about what I was going to do for ten seconds.

“Fuck you guys,” I said to myself. Strangely, one of them turned to look towards me when I spoke.

It didn’t matter. I pulled the police rifle I took off of my back and aimed at the one on the left of the spacecraft door. I had never fired a gun before in my life.

I waited. Aimed. And then I took a shot. The thing fell down. From what I could tell, I clipped him in the neck. The other one looked over at him, and then turned to scan the perimeter, while pulling some sort of black weapon from his side holster. It turned on with blue lights blinking across it.

I aimed for his chest. I pulled the trigger and the shot rang out loud throughout what was left of the neighborhood.

To my surprise, the bastard didn’t go down like the other one. No. He managed to get a shot off. A blue bolt of something flew out from the gun and exploded about 50 feet from me. Lightning and sparks shattered through the darkness.

I fired two more shots into him. This time he went down.

I crouched there thinking for a second. The rest of them, the whatever’s they were that made all of the tracks, they were sure to come back after hearing my shots and seeing the flashes.

Then I thought about the gun he used.

I got up and ran along the ground as fast as I could on my taped up feet until I reached them.

The first one that I shot was spurting out all of this black blood, but he was still alive. When I got close enough, he raised his weapon at me and fired. But, luckily he was too far gone from blood loss to aim. It went right by my head and into the debris behind me sparking out in all directions.

But what I didn’t realize was that his stray shot might have saved my life, because the scouting party was just a few feet behind the blast.

It struck right in front of them and sent them falling back.

I didn’t hesitate. I shot the alien three times in the head. Then I picked up his weapon. It looked simple enough. Point. Aim. Shoot. I turned towards the scouting party and fired.

The kickback from the gun was terrible. I wasn’t expecting it, and it almost knocked me on my ass. It also made me quickly realize that if the dying thing that shot me fired it with such ease, that probably meant that these things were a lot stronger than I was. I made a note of that. Never get into a fistfight with one of them.

I hid myself behind their landing hatch and fired their weapon two more times. The blast struck against the debris again. Lighting flashes struck one of their guys and sent him falling over.

I fired again and again. One of my shots hit one of them causing him to vanish into blue light. A second shot hit another one. The same thing happened. A third landed near the last standing guy, striking him with blue lighting and sending him falling over.

And that was it. It was done. I hid in my position for a few minutes listening for any others, but I was alone again. The whole time I kept thinking about the fact that none of the scouting party fired at me. I assumed that they didn’t want to damage their weird black ship with the blue lighting.

I mustered up the courage to walk towards them holding the alien gun before me.

Three of them were dead. One was still moving. He was burned and smoking, but still alive.

He looked up at me with his red swollen eyes.

"Kla’CK uNI’zz," it muttered.

Who knows what the fuck it said.

I raised my one of my pistols towards its head.

“Welcome to Brooklyn, asshole,” I said. Then I shot him in the head.

No comments: